– written 10 January 2004 by Renae’ Harrison
So much time has passed since we last spoke
Many days I haven’t prayed
In this moment I fall to my knees, fold my hands, and slowly bow my head.
I ask that you listen diligently, and with a gentle tone
Forgive me first of all my sins
For my soul is almost gone.
My heart is hurting drastically
This life has gotten much too hard
I’m lost, confused, traumatized,
and very emotionally scarred.
Laughter sometimes hides my anger
Not many smiles appear on this face
At this moment I’m not of life
Grief and emptiness smother my grace.
Loneliness has become my companion
I have no friends who really care
I’m too forgiving of those who do me wrong
When I’m in need, no one is ever there.
I’m faced with adversity everyday
Prone to envy and slanderous talk
Undeniable aggressiveness indulges me well
Shrewdness in my walk.
Ive made choices that worked against me
My experiences I’ve learned at hand
That I’m just as ignorant as my neighbor
And sometimes I don’t understand.
If I could turn back the hands of time
I’d do things much differently
But then I realized that whatever happens in my life
is truly meant to be
I am only human, a mere reflection of yourself
but my faith is nearly through
How much pain do I have to endure
before I find my way back to you?
- And Now the Church Wants Me to Pray This Prayer! (pattyperkowski.com)
- Prayer: Once More, With Feeling (mutteringmormon.wordpress.com)
- I could not ask for more (simplymartina.wordpress.com)
- I forgive. (iamapeacefulsoul.wordpress.com)
- Minute Meditation: Prayer To Fight Loneliness (praisedc.com)